- New Cars
- Used Cars
- Special Offers
- Business Users
- Honda Business Offers
- Motability Offers
- Honda Announces All-New VTEC TURBO Engine Series
- Latest Civic Type R Development Car Takes to Tochigi Test Track
- Honda Unveils New Urban SUV Production Model and S660 Concept, at the Tokyo Motor Show 2013
- 'MPG Marathon' underlined the impressive fuel efficiency of the Honda CR-V 1.6 i-DTEC and Honda Civic 1.6 i-DTEC
- The new CR-V 1.6 i-DTEC
- The new Civic Type-R
- Let's see what curiosity can do
- Did you hear the one about the BTCC driver and the 133mph lawnmower?
- Honda Civic 1.6 i-DTEC scoops Gold for Green in Tow Car Awards
- Civic range expands
- Honda's new Class-Leading 1.6 i-DTEC Civic
- Raffle Prize Winner
- Honda Announces Class-Leading New Civic
- Honda’s answer to an environmentally friendly future
- Mentmore Prize Draw
- Honda Yuasa race to victory
- 2013 Honda CR-Z quick preview at Paris
- The Honda Jazz - Which? Car's Best Used Supermini.
- Green Motoring with Honda Jazz, CR-Z and Insight
- Idle Stop now standard on Jazz
- Honda action at the Goodwood Festival of Speed
- Honda Hybrid CR-Z Mugen
- Contact Us
New Civic is the Best Value Car on the Road
- New Civic tops the medium hatchback category and beats all competitors to be named the Parkers Cost of Motoring New Car Awards 2012 overall winner
- Jazz Hybrid takes the top spot in the Eco Car category for the second year in a row
The new British built Honda Civic 1.4 i-VTEC SE has been recognised as representing the best value for money in the Parkers Cost of Motoring New Car Awards, 2012. It not only came out on top in the competitive Medium Hatchback category on the basis that it offered better value than any of its competitors over a three year period, but it was also named as the overall Awards winner.
The new Civic which has only been in dealerships since February held off fierce competition to be given the number one spot based on figures collated by Parkers’ Cost of Motoring tool. This innovative tool calculates the true “hidden costs” associated with owning and running a new car, including fuel consumption, depreciation, servicing, breakdown cover and road tax over a three year period. In a further boost to the Honda range, the Jazz 1.3 IMA HE Hybrid was awarded the Eco Car category title for the second year running.
Kieren Puffett, Editor of Parkers, commented; The Medium Hatchback category is a hugely competitive market so to have a winner here is truly a tremendous achievement and that is why we are not only delighted to announce that the Honda Civic Hatchback 1.4 i-VTEC SE five door wins the Parkers Cost of Motoring New Car Awards for the Medium Hatchback category, but is also the overall winner.
“The statistics for the Civic tell us it is great value for money and Honda should feel rightly proud, because the Parkers awards are based on statistical analysis of every new cars’ running costs, rather than opinion. But it doesn’t end there. The icing on the cake is that the Honda Jazz 1.3 IMA HE Hybrid wins for a second year in a row the Parkers Cost of Motoring New Car Awards Eco Car category. It’s an outstanding performance by Honda all round.”
Commenting on Parkers announcing the Honda Civic as the overall winner in the Cost of Motoring New Car Awards 2012, Dave Hodgetts, Managing Director of Honda (UK), said: “This is a fantastic result for the new Civic. It has only been in dealerships since February and to have received this accolade so soon is a great achievement. What makes the award even more special is that it is based on fact. Thanks to Parkers’ very clever cost of motoring tool, we can officially say that the new Civic is the best value new car out there! "
Configure your own brand new Honda Civic simply by clicking here