- New Cars
- Used Cars
- Special Offers
- Business Users
- Mazda Business Offers
- Mazda reveals innovative adaptive headlamp system
- Mazda reveals 25th Anniversary Edition MX-5 at New York Auto Show
- Mazda HAZUMI debuted at Geneva Motor Show
- New Mazda6 and Mazda CX-5 on display at The London Golf Show
- The all new Mazda 3 - Durable and dependable, here's the proof!
- The Mazda CX-5, WhatCar? winner once again.
- Mazda3 to be Released in January 2014
- Mazda Surprising Drives
- New Mazda3 - Coming Soon
- New world record for the Mazda MX-5
- Mazda6 wins ‘Best Petrol Tow Car’ at Tow Car Awards 2013
- New Mazda6 and Mazda CX-5 win Fleet World ‘Best Car’ Awards
- Mazda MX-5 wins ‘Most Popular Roadster’ Award
- Mazda MX-5 Fun in the Sun
- Mazda CX-5 vs. Ford Kuga
- Mazda CX-5 wins ‘Best Buy’ SUV award from What Car?
- Take the ultimate Mazda6 test drive at Johnsons Mazda
- “Deals on wheels… That's Mazda price”
- ALL-NEW MAZDA6 DEBUTS IN SWINDON
- Mazda6 and Takeri – bringing concept to reality
- The "handsome" Mazda6 steals the show at Moscow
- The New Mazda6 estate to debut at Paris Motor Show
- All-new Mazda6 to debut at Moscow Motor Show
- New Mazda6 ‘Venture Edition’ models on sale now
- The Death-Defying Mazda2
- All-new Mazda CX-5 UK prices announced
- Upgraded Mazda3 receives value boost
- Mazds CX-5 earns 5 stars from Euro NCAP
- Award winning Mazda CX-7 - Exciting driving.
- Skeleton Champion Vouches for Mazda CX-5
- All-new Mazda3 wins a ‘2014 Red Dot: Product Design Award’
- Contact Us
Mazds CX-5 earns 5 stars from Euro NCAP
- All-new Mazda CX-5 receives top marks in all four safety ratings from Euro NCAP
- Maximum rating confirms the effectiveness of the SKYACTIV body and Mazda’s comprehensive new safety concept
Mazda’s all-new CX-5 is officially one of the safest cars in the world after receiving five-stars – the highest possible safety rating – from Euro NCAP.
The CX-5, a compact crossover SUV that went on sale in the UK earlier this month, achieved top marks in all four safety categories*. Its grades for adult occupant protection, child occupant protection and safety assist systems (94 percent, 87 percent and 86 percent respectively) were well above the 80 percent, 75 percent and 60 percent thresholds required in each category to collect the maximum five stars. Mazda’s latest model attained the maximum safety rating despite being subject to the higher pedestrian protection standards introduced by Euro NCAP in 2012, an area in which vehicles must now score at least 60 percent.
After the Mazda3 and Mazda6, the CX-5 is the third Mazda model to earn five stars from Euro NCAP since the introduction of its new rating system in 2009. The scores in each category are determined based on several crash tests, including a 64km/h (40mph) frontal collision, 50km/h (31mph) vehicle-to-vehicle side impact, 29km/h (18mph) pole side impact, and 40km/h (25mph) simulated pedestrian impact. Among other active and passive safety measures, Euro NCAP also evaluated the CX-5’s Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) system, Mazda’s equivalent to electronic stability control (ESC).
The first of a new generation of Mazda models, the CX-5 is the first equipped with the innovative new SKYACTIV body. With the aim of developing the ideal car body, Mazda’s engineers went back to the drawing board, rethinking the fundamental principles of structure, materials and manufacturing methods.
As a result, high-tensile steels comprise 61 percent of the body. In particular, beams inside the front and rear bumpers are made from 1,800 MPa ultra high-tensile steel – the strongest ever used in a production car. The Mazda CX-5 therefore not only delivers superior crash safety, but is also extremely lightweight. Mazda plans to use the SKYACTIV body in all of its new-generation products.