- New Cars
- Used Cars
- Special Offers
- Business Users
- Mazda Business Offers
- Mazda reveals innovative adaptive headlamp system
- Mazda reveals 25th Anniversary Edition MX-5 at New York Auto Show
- Mazda HAZUMI debuted at Geneva Motor Show
- New Mazda6 and Mazda CX-5 on display at The London Golf Show
- The all new Mazda 3 - Durable and dependable, here's the proof!
- The Mazda CX-5, WhatCar? winner once again.
- Mazda3 to be Released in January 2014
- Mazda Surprising Drives
- New Mazda3 - Coming Soon
- New world record for the Mazda MX-5
- Mazda6 wins ‘Best Petrol Tow Car’ at Tow Car Awards 2013
- New Mazda6 and Mazda CX-5 win Fleet World ‘Best Car’ Awards
- Mazda MX-5 wins ‘Most Popular Roadster’ Award
- Mazda MX-5 Fun in the Sun
- Mazda CX-5 vs. Ford Kuga
- Mazda CX-5 wins ‘Best Buy’ SUV award from What Car?
- Take the ultimate Mazda6 test drive at Johnsons Mazda
- “Deals on wheels… That's Mazda price”
- ALL-NEW MAZDA6 DEBUTS IN SWINDON
- Mazda6 and Takeri – bringing concept to reality
- The "handsome" Mazda6 steals the show at Moscow
- The New Mazda6 estate to debut at Paris Motor Show
- All-new Mazda6 to debut at Moscow Motor Show
- New Mazda6 ‘Venture Edition’ models on sale now
- The Death-Defying Mazda2
- All-new Mazda CX-5 UK prices announced
- Upgraded Mazda3 receives value boost
- Mazds CX-5 earns 5 stars from Euro NCAP
- Award winning Mazda CX-7 - Exciting driving.
- Skeleton Champion Vouches for Mazda CX-5
- All-new Mazda3 wins a ‘2014 Red Dot: Product Design Award’
- Contact Us
Award winning Mazda CX-7 - Exciting driving.
- Mazda CX-7 ‘sports crossover’ on sale priced at £27,580 (OTR)
- Turbocharged 2.2-litre diesel generates 173ps and 400Nm of torque
- Active Torque 4-wheel drive system and Zoom-Zoom sportscar-like handling
Chosen as the ‘Editor’s Choice’ in the highly respected 2011 Towcar Awards presented by What Car? and Practical Caravan magazines, the diesel-powered Mazda CX-7 Sports Crossover delivers a truly unique driving experience.
An exhilarating drive, an imposing road-presence, good everyday practicality and four-wheel drive security, plus improved fuel economy and reduced emissions – all make the CX-7 a truly appealing vehicle. This model’s highly competitive 173ps MZ-CD turbo-diesel powertrain is taking Mazda into a whole new sector of the UK marketplace – inspiring the Towcar Award judges to describe it as “one of the best 4x4 towcars you can buy for sensible money”.
“In the best Mazda tradition, our diesel-powered Mazda CX-7 enables us to offer a distinctive vehicle that is very different from the huge line-up of SUV-type vehicles currently available,” comments Peter Allibon, Mazda UK’s Sales Director. “The CX-7’s appearance is heavily orientated towards a sportscar in its styling and driving dynamics, while offering a commanding SUV-style driving position and a strong road presence that portrays Mazda’s ‘defy convention’ brand identity.
“The Mazda CX-7’s turbo diesel engine generates a maximum torque of 400Nm from only 2,000rpm, with smooth power delivery and real punch from just 1,600rpm, to ensure strong linear acceleration. Together with the stiff bodyshell, retuned suspension, close gear ratios and low cabin noise, the CX-7 is a remarkably refined and sporty driving experience. It has great dynamics that out-perform the class. It’s the ultimate expression of ‘defy convention’ – delivering driving excitement in a sophisticated Sports Crossover,” concludes Allibon.
The Mazda CX-7 is marketed in the UK as a single, highly specified and lavishly equipped model called the Sport Tech with 19-inch alloy wheels and Xenon headlights, priced at £27,580 (on the road), in a choice of five colours.
The Mazda CX-7 includes the 173ps, 2.2-litre turbocharged four-cylinder MZ-CD diesel engine producing up to 400Nm of torque and a six-speed manual transmission with a fuel-stretching ‘overdrive’ top gear ratio. Mazda’s unique Active Torque 4-wheel drive system distributes up to 50 percent of engine torque to the rear wheels to maintain traction. Combined fuel economy returns 37.7mpg with CO2 emissions of 199g/km.
Inside the Mazda CX-7 Sport Tech, there are numerous standard premium features including: leather seats, climate control air-conditioning, cruise control, electric windows, powered driver’s and front passenger’s heated seats, a bespoke Bose® premium surround sound audio system with 6-CD autochanger and nine speakers, plus integrated satellite navigation and Bluetooth® technology.
Within its dramatically styled body, Mazda CX-7 has generous space for five occupants to travel in comfort, while the sports utility-style rear seat functionality and generous boot space (455 litres to the belt line with the rear seats upright, 1,348 litres to the ceiling with the 60/40 split rear seats folded), makes this Mazda an ideal vehicle for multi-activity lifestyles.