- New Cars
- New Golf GTI
- New Volkswagen Up
- New Volkswagen Beetle
- New Golf Mk7
- New Volkswagen Golf Estate
- New Volkswagen Golf Plus
- New Volkswagen Polo
- New Volkswagen Eos
- New Volkswagen Jetta
- New Volkswagen CC
- New Volkswagen Passat Alltrack
- New Volkswagen Passat
- New Volkswagen Phaeton
- New Volkswagen Scirocco
- New Volkswagen Sharan
- New Volkswagen Tiguan
- New Volkswagen Touareg
- New Volkswagen Touran
- Volkswagen Models Coming Soon
- Used Cars
- Special Offers
- Business Users
- Volkswagen Business Offers
- Motability Offers
- The sat-nav updates will keep the customers on track
- The Volkswagen Golf is crowned Scottish Car of the Year 2013
- Introducing the e-up and e-Golf from Volkswagen
- Volkswagen Jetta Limited Edition
- We've Changed!
- Tow Car Title once again for Passat Estate
- Golf R Cabriolet price reduced
- New Volkswagen Amarok coming out in July
- Volkswagen's TSI technology wins "Engine of the Year Award"
- VW One Business Awards
- “Car of the Year 2013”: The new Golf is Europe's car of the year
- The New Golf BlueMotion: Fuel-Sipping Familiy Motoring
- The Delivery Van of the Future: e-Co-Motion Concept
- Volkswagen Golf GTD revealed
- High-spec Volkswagen CC now even better value
- The New Golf: award winning
- The new Jetta Hybrid is unveiled in L.A
- Compact SUV at Sao Paulo Show
- Volkswagen Polo BueGT opened for ordering
- Double honour for Volkswagen at What Car? Used Car Awards
- Three awards in a row for Volkswagen
- Tiguan R-Line joins range
- New Volkswagen Beetle
- Seventh Generation Volkswagen Golf
- 5 Door up! ready for order Monday!
- Bluetooth adds value to the Polo range
- New Volkswagen up! 5 Door
- Standard DAB Radio from Polo to Phaeton
- New GTI Golf Cabriolet
- Polo R-Line: The popular supermini
- Volkswagen at the 2012 Beijing Motor Show
- Volkswagen up! 2012 World Car of the Year
- Meet the New Golf R Cabriolet
- New Volkswagen CC R-Line
- Contact Us
Standard DAB Radio from Polo to Phaeton
Volkswagen is tuning in to customer demand and fitting DAB radios as standard on all models from the Polo to the Phaeton, giving buyers not only a wider choice of radio stations but also a higher quality of sound.
The change means all 2013 model-year Volkswagens, from the Polo to the Phaeton, will be ready for the UK’s switch to digital radio. Digital radio not only offers listeners clear, crackle-free sound, but it also gives them a bigger choice of radio stations than is available through conventional FM or AM broadcasts alone. Listening options range from specialist music stations to comedy, current affairs and, of course, the all-important cricket coverage.
Naturally, all of Volkswagen’s audio systems will still be able to pick up conventional FM or AM analogue radio signals, as well as play audio CDs (including MP3 files), while every model in the Volkswagen range comes with an aux-in socket, to allow the connection of external audio devices such as an iPod or MP3 player.
To make the most of the higher quality of digital audio, every model from the Polo S upwards now comes with at least six speakers (the majority of models have eight speakers), connected to a standard RCD 310 audio unit or better.
Upgrade options include the MDI multi-device interface, which allows easy connection of iPods or USB sticks, which can then be controlled via the car’s audio system; Bluetooth connection of compatible telephones; Bluetooth music playback; audiophile-pleasing speakers and amplifiers from Danish specialist Dynaudio; higher-power audio systems with colour touchscreen controls and an SD memory card slot; and touchscreen satellite navigation systems, including with built-in HD memory. Beetle models may also be optionally ordered with an audio system developed in conjunction with legendary guitar and amplifier manufacturer, Fender.