- New Cars
- New Golf GTI
- New Volkswagen Up
- New Volkswagen Beetle
- New Golf Mk7
- New Volkswagen Golf Estate
- New Volkswagen Golf Plus
- New Volkswagen Polo
- New Volkswagen Eos
- New Volkswagen Jetta
- New Volkswagen CC
- New Volkswagen Passat Alltrack
- New Volkswagen Passat
- New Volkswagen Phaeton
- New Volkswagen Scirocco
- New Volkswagen Sharan
- New Volkswagen Tiguan
- New Volkswagen Touareg
- New Volkswagen Touran
- Volkswagen Models Coming Soon
- Used Cars
- Special Offers
- Business Users
- Volkswagen Business Offers
- Motability Offers
- The sat-nav updates will keep the customers on track
- The Volkswagen Golf is crowned Scottish Car of the Year 2013
- Introducing the e-up and e-Golf from Volkswagen
- Volkswagen Jetta Limited Edition
- We've Changed!
- Tow Car Title once again for Passat Estate
- Golf R Cabriolet price reduced
- New Volkswagen Amarok coming out in July
- Volkswagen's TSI technology wins "Engine of the Year Award"
- VW One Business Awards
- “Car of the Year 2013”: The new Golf is Europe's car of the year
- The New Golf BlueMotion: Fuel-Sipping Familiy Motoring
- The Delivery Van of the Future: e-Co-Motion Concept
- Volkswagen Golf GTD revealed
- High-spec Volkswagen CC now even better value
- The New Golf: award winning
- The new Jetta Hybrid is unveiled in L.A
- Compact SUV at Sao Paulo Show
- Volkswagen Polo BueGT opened for ordering
- Double honour for Volkswagen at What Car? Used Car Awards
- Three awards in a row for Volkswagen
- Tiguan R-Line joins range
- New Volkswagen Beetle
- Seventh Generation Volkswagen Golf
- 5 Door up! ready for order Monday!
- Bluetooth adds value to the Polo range
- New Volkswagen up! 5 Door
- Standard DAB Radio from Polo to Phaeton
- New GTI Golf Cabriolet
- Polo R-Line: The popular supermini
- Volkswagen at the 2012 Beijing Motor Show
- Volkswagen up! 2012 World Car of the Year
- Meet the New Golf R Cabriolet
- New Volkswagen CC R-Line
- Contact Us
New Volkswagen up! 5 Door
Getting into Volkswagen’s award-winning up! city car is now easier than ever, with the introduction of the new five-door model.
Pictured here for the first time, the five-door up! has many of the same virtues as its three-door sibling: a 2.42 m long wheelbase that makes for impressive interior space, a capacious 251-litre boot, an efficient three-cylinder engine, new-to-the-class safety features and an innovative infotainment system.
Rear passengers in the five-door up! benefit from exactly the same space as those in the three-door model, with 947 mm of headroom (versus 993 mm in the front) and 789 mm of legroom. The rear seat base is set slightly higher than that in the front, at 378 mm (versus 306 mm) giving passengers a clearer view of the road ahead.
As well as front and side airbags, ABS with Hydraulic Brake Assist, Isofix child seat preparation in the rear and standard ESP (on all but the entry level Take up! model), the up! can be ordered with an optional City Emergency Braking system. This uses sensors to scan the space ahead of the vehicle, applying the brakes automatically if it detects that the car is about to hit an object in front, and costs from just £225. The up! has received a five-star rating and the Advanced Award from Euro NCAP, the European New Car Assessment Programme. It is the first vehicle in this class to receive these awards.
The Maps & More infotainment system is a mobile Personal Infotainment Device that was developed to organise navigation, telephone, information and entertainment. It is removable, but unlike many other similar systems of this type, it melds with the car’s network of systems and can be used to view vehicle information, such as the display of the parking sensors (where fitted). The system is standard on the High up! model and above, and optional on the rest of the range.
The up! has already received top honours at the prestigious What Car? awards, where it was named Car of the Year for 2012, and has also been named TopGear magazine’s Small Car of the Year.
First UK deliveries of the five-door up! are expected to start in the second half of the year; prices are yet to be confirmed. The three-door up! is available to order now, with prices starting at £7,995 (RRP OTR) and the first models arriving in showrooms in March. For more information on the new Volkswagen 3 door up! contact your local dealership.