- New Cars
- New Golf GTI
- New Volkswagen Up
- New Volkswagen Beetle
- New Golf Mk7
- New Volkswagen Golf Estate
- New Volkswagen Golf Plus
- New Volkswagen Polo
- New Volkswagen Eos
- New Volkswagen Jetta
- New Volkswagen CC
- New Volkswagen Passat Alltrack
- New Volkswagen Passat
- New Volkswagen Phaeton
- New Volkswagen Scirocco
- New Volkswagen Sharan
- New Volkswagen Tiguan
- New Volkswagen Touareg
- New Volkswagen Touran
- Volkswagen Models Coming Soon
- Used Cars
- Special Offers
- Business Users
- Volkswagen Business Offers
- Motability Offers
- The sat-nav updates will keep the customers on track
- The Volkswagen Golf is crowned Scottish Car of the Year 2013
- Introducing the e-up and e-Golf from Volkswagen
- Volkswagen Jetta Limited Edition
- We've Changed!
- Tow Car Title once again for Passat Estate
- Golf R Cabriolet price reduced
- New Volkswagen Amarok coming out in July
- Volkswagen's TSI technology wins "Engine of the Year Award"
- VW One Business Awards
- “Car of the Year 2013”: The new Golf is Europe's car of the year
- The New Golf BlueMotion: Fuel-Sipping Familiy Motoring
- The Delivery Van of the Future: e-Co-Motion Concept
- Volkswagen Golf GTD revealed
- High-spec Volkswagen CC now even better value
- The New Golf: award winning
- The new Jetta Hybrid is unveiled in L.A
- Compact SUV at Sao Paulo Show
- Volkswagen Polo BueGT opened for ordering
- Double honour for Volkswagen at What Car? Used Car Awards
- Three awards in a row for Volkswagen
- Tiguan R-Line joins range
- New Volkswagen Beetle
- Seventh Generation Volkswagen Golf
- 5 Door up! ready for order Monday!
- Bluetooth adds value to the Polo range
- New Volkswagen up! 5 Door
- Standard DAB Radio from Polo to Phaeton
- New GTI Golf Cabriolet
- Polo R-Line: The popular supermini
- Volkswagen at the 2012 Beijing Motor Show
- Volkswagen up! 2012 World Car of the Year
- Meet the New Golf R Cabriolet
- New Volkswagen CC R-Line
- Contact Us
Polo R-Line: The popular supermini
Volkswagen is adding even more style to its popular supermini, with the launch of the Polo R Line, which builds on the impressive specification of the Polo Match with unique styling touches inside and out.
On the outside, the R Line is distinguished by a unique styling pack. This consists of deeper, sportier R Line front and rear bumpers, a black gloss radiator grille with R Line badging, deeper side sills and 16-inch ‘Mallory’ alloy wheels. From the B-pillars back, the glass is dark-tinted and 65 per cent light-absorbing, while the standard front foglights also include a static cornering function.
Step past the brushed aluminium scuff plates with R Line logos, and inside there are sports seats with ‘Kyalami’ cloth upholstery and an R Line logo on the headrests, along with a leather-trimmed three-spoke steering wheel with R Line logo and aluminium-capped pedals, while the roof lining is finished in black cloth.
Standard equipment is comprehensive, including an RCD 310 radio/CD player with six speakers and multi-device interface, for plugging in an iPod or other compatible device, ‘Climatic’ semi-automatic air conditioning, a multifunction trip computer, electric windows (including in the rear on five-door models), height-adjustable front seats, a split-folding rear-seat backrest, electrically operated and heated door mirrors, illuminated vanity mirrors, front and rear reading lights, a tyre pressure monitor and, of course, remote central locking.
The R Line is available with just one engine, the existing 1.2-litre 105 PS TSI petrol unit, with a six-speed manual gearbox. This engine propels the Polo R Line from zero to 62 mph in 9.7 seconds, and on to a top speed of 118 mph. Fuel consumption is 53.3 mpg on the combined cycle, and CO2emissions are 124 g/km.
Prices start at £15,195 on the road for the three-door model, rising to £15,815 for the five-door. The Polo R Line is available to order at Volkswagen Retailers now, with first deliveries expected in July.