- New Cars
- Used Cars
- Special Offers
Fleet & Business
- Fleet & Business
- Fleet & Business
- Servicing & Parts
- Motability Offers
- Trade delivery in your area now
- Volvo V40: New low emission D2 automatic and T2 available
- Approved by the Government - Volvo's first plug-in diesel hybrid
- Major renewal boosts the dynamic appearance and appeal of the Volvo 60 cluster
- Crash-proof cars promised by 2020
- All-New Volvo V40 scores higher than Mercedes A-Class
- The world’s first plug-in diesel hybrid is in production
- My Volvo
- The All-new Volvo V40 range equipped with zero restrictions
- Volvo wins 'Fleet Safety Initiative of the Year' Award
- Volvo awarded with the International Vehicle Security Award second time in a row
- The launch of the V40 Cross Country
- New Volvo V40 R-Design
- Volvo S80 was declared Car of the Year 2012
- V40-Safest car in the world
- Volvo ranked one behind John Lewis for customer service.
- Rise to the Challenge - Is the Volvo XC60 as good as we think?
- The Volvo V40 and Plug-in V60 showcased at Goodwood Festival of Speed.
- Volvo S60 Polestar Concept Car
- Volvo V40- The most Intellisafe Volvo Model ever.
- Volvo V40 price list announced
- New York Knicks basketball star becomes Volvo's Brand Ambassador.
- Contact Us
Volvo Personal Contract Hire
Personal Contract Hire (PCH) is a form of car leasing for personal users. With PCH, you pay a monthly car lease fee to obtain a new car for an agreed length of time – typically between two and four years. Legal ownership is retained by the finance company that delivers your contract car to your door.
At the end of a Personal Contract Hire term, you can either return the car or have it replaced by another vehicle leased with a PCH agreement. In certain circumstances, the finance company will agree to sell you the vehicle in return for a single lump payment.
The benefits to you
- With Personal Contract Hire, you can drive a new vehicle for a small upfront payment (typically the equivalent of three months’ repayments) and significantly less each month than you would need to spend on a car bought with a loan.
- With PCH, you are also exposed to less financial risk, as the lease contract you sign is for the monthly payment across a lease contract term rather than the cost of the entire car.
- There is a smaller deposit payment required than for a Hire Purchase or loan agreement. Normally, this is equivalent to three months’ payments.
- With PCH, you don’t need to arrange or negotiate the sale of your old car when you want a new one.
- You can select the exact trim and colour online for any new car – unlike when you buy a used car from a dealership.
- Depreciation does not affect your investment in a car, but rather the investment by the finance company.
- PCH is also cheaper than ownership over the long term if you intend to drive new cars and replace them every few years.
- You have the option of including all maintenance and services in the monthly price.
- The road fund licence will always be included for the first year of the lease contract and often over the whole life of the contract. The finance company will send you the tax disc for the windscreen each year.
- It may be possible to reduce the Benefit In Kind (BIK) tax implications of a company car through paying for a Contract Hire through a car allowance.