- New Cars
- Used Cars
- Special Offers
- Business Users
- Volvo Business Offers
- Motability Offers
- World debut for the new Volvo V60, engineered by Polestar
- The new Volvo Drive-E powertrain family
- Volvo Car Group makes conventional batteries a thing of the past
- Volvo Cars launches the Pure Tension pavilion in Milan
- Tristar Worldwide put the Volvo V60 Plug-in Hybrid on trial
- Revolutionary Cyclist Detection System now available
- Volvo introduces new technologies to its range
- Volvo partners with British Gas for the first V60 Plug-In Diesel Hybrids
- The ingenious self-parking car from Volvo
- Johnsons Swindon raise thousand for Help for Heroes
- V40 vs. A-CLASS
- Volvo receives NCAP Innovation award
- Volvo wins Safety Award for the second year
- Volvo Car Group almost doubles production of the innovative V60 Plug-in Hybrid
- Trade delivery in your area now
- Volvo V40: New low emission D2 automatic and T2 available
- Approved by the Government - Volvo's first plug-in diesel hybrid
- Major renewal boosts the dynamic appearance and appeal of the Volvo 60 cluster
- Crash-proof cars promised by 2020
- All-New Volvo V40 scores higher than Mercedes A-Class
- The world’s first plug-in diesel hybrid is in production
- My Volvo
- The All-new Volvo V40 range equipped with zero restrictions
- Volvo wins 'Fleet Safety Initiative of the Year' Award
- Volvo awarded with the International Vehicle Security Award second time in a row
- The launch of the V40 Cross Country
- New Volvo V40 R-Design
- Volvo S80 was declared Car of the Year 2012
- V40-Safest car in the world
- Volvo ranked one behind John Lewis for customer service.
- Rise to the Challenge - Is the Volvo XC60 as good as we think?
- The Volvo V40 and Plug-in V60 showcased at Goodwood Festival of Speed.
- Volvo S60 Polestar Concept Car
- Volvo V40- The most Intellisafe Volvo Model ever.
- Volvo V40 price list announced
- New York Knicks basketball star becomes Volvo's Brand Ambassador.
- Contact Us
Rise to the Challenge - Is the Volvo XC60 as good as we think?
To find out just how good the Volvo XC60 is, WhatCar pitted it againt its two biggest rivals - the Audi Q5 and the Volkswagen Passat Estate. The question is how well did it fair?
How did it drive? The XC60 is by far the heaviest of the 3 cars but that's a bad thing when you factor in the additional power and torgue that comes from the Volvo engine. With a 0-60mph time of 10.3 seconds and a top speed of 122mph the XC60 accelerates quicker and tops out faster than both the Audi and the VW. The Volvo and its Audi counterpart both scored the maximum 5 stars on the Euro NCAP safety ratings - which isn't a massive surprise from the safety conscious Swedich manufacturers.
What about inside? So we know the XC60 is more powerful but what about the rest of the drive? WhatCar described the Volvo drive as "refined" and the most comfortable of the three. Complaining of excessive road noise and wind noise from the other models. Inside its stylish and modern console make this an ideal family car for long motorway journeys. With a boot space smaller than the other two yet still large enough for all the families luggage. WhatCar said the the XC60 can comfortably handle 4 six-footers in comfort.
There's plenty of space for the family and or luggage inside with the drivers finding an ideal seating position with the dashboard angled slightly towads than and convenient layout of controls on the dashboard - additional storage space can also be found behind the floating centre console.
What was WhatCar's verdict? After test drives of each car WhatCar decided that the best was the Volvo XC60 - labelled the "All-rounder" it offers speed, power, space and comfort. The ideal family car and a deserved winner are the words used by WhatCar
The Volvo XC60 has a true mpg of 43.6 and 149g/km is CO² emissions and at around £28,000 is a great buy. To see more about the Volvo XC60, check prices and configure a model simply click here
Do you like the look of the XC60? We currently have a limited supply of them with savings up to £5,700 - find out more here