- New Cars
- Used Cars
- Special Offers
Fleet & Business
- Fleet & Business
- Fleet & Business
- Servicing & Parts
- Motability Offers
- My Toyota Winner
- New Toyota RAV4 debuts at the 2012 Los Angeles Motor Show
- Toyota most satisfying cars to own
- Nine Times at the Top for Toyota
- Prices and specifications for the new Toyota Auris are announced
- New Toyota Auris Touring Sports at the Paris Motor Show
- Be Green and Save money with the Toyota Prius+
- New Toyota Verso
- Toyota Yaris Trend shinned at the Paris Motor Show
- The all-new Auris Hybrid
- All-new- Toyota GT86 advert
- Top Marks for all-new GT 86
- Yaris Edition and Trend Versions added for the Summer
- Toyota Prius Plug-in wins next Green Car Award
- Yaris Hybrid Review
- Toy Toyota concept unveiled at 2012 Tokyo Toy Show
- Yaris Hybrid Price and Specifications revealed
- Toyota racing ready for Le Mans 24 hours.
- Toyota lines up sporting heros for Goodwood
- Toyota GT86 honoured International Awards
- Toyota GT86: Pricing revealed
- Contact Us
Toyota GT86 LFA line up for Nurburgring 24 hours
Four GT86 and one LFA to compete in the Nurburgring 24 Hours this weekend (17 – 20 May) Gazoo Racing to field the race-engineered LFA and two GT86 Two further production GT86 entered by Toyota Swiss Racing Team, race prepared by Toyota Motorsport The Nürburgring has played an important role in the development of Toyota’s latest generation of high-performance cars and this weekend the daunting German circuit will see the Lexus LFA and GT86 demonstrating their race pace in the 40th running of the ADAC 24 Hours race.
Gazoo Racing will be back at the famous Nordschleife to field the LFA (in the SP8 class) and two new race-prepared GT86 (SP3 class). The team personnel, including technicians and drivers, will include Toyota employees from Japan, taking part to hone their skills and craftsmanship, gaining experience that will feed back directly into the work developing future vehicles.
Gazoo Racing has already kicked off its 2012 season with two shorter-distance races at the Nürburgring, in which the LFA was twice a winner in its class and the GT86 showed promising progress.
Speaking after the most recent race, Gazoo Racing driver Akira Iida saud: “The momentum of our team is very good. Our target for the 24 Hours Nürburgring race is t maintain a steady pace, in line with the way we have chosen to set up the vehicles. Nevertheless, we have run at good speed and confident we will be full ready before the 24-hour event.”
The Toyota Swiss Racing Team will also be taking part, fielding two GT86 race-prepared by Toyota Motorsport. Both will take part in the competition class (V3) for production models. Their participation is part of Toyota Switzerland’s grassroots motorsport programme with GT86 to encourage a new generation of car enthusiasts.