- New Cars
- Used Cars
- Special Offers
- Business Users
- Volvo Business Offers
- Pricing for the all-new XC90
- New Volvo XC90 R-Design
- New Volvo Hereford
- Introducing the all-new XC90
- The all-new Volvo V60 Plug-in Hybrid - Ready to test drive!
- The all-new XC90
- Volvo leads the way in reducing fleet CO2 emissions
- First look inside the all-new Volvo XC90
- The New Volvo V60 Plug-In Hybrid Out Now!
- Volvo S60 and V60 wins Best Premium Car of the Year
- World debut for the new Volvo V60, engineered by Polestar
- The new Volvo Drive-E powertrain family
- Volvo Car Group makes conventional batteries a thing of the past
- Volvo Cars launches the Pure Tension pavilion in Milan
- Tristar Worldwide put the Volvo V60 Plug-in Hybrid on trial
- Revolutionary Cyclist Detection System now available
- Volvo introduces new technologies to its range
- Volvo partners with British Gas for the first V60 Plug-In Diesel Hybrids
- The ingenious self-parking car from Volvo
- Johnsons Swindon raise thousand for Help for Heroes
- V40 vs. A-CLASS
- Volvo receives NCAP Innovation award
- Volvo wins Safety Award for the second year
- Volvo Car Group almost doubles production of the innovative V60 Plug-in Hybrid
- Trade delivery in your area now
- Volvo V40: New low emission D2 automatic and T2 available
- Approved by the Government - Volvo's first plug-in diesel hybrid
- Major renewal boosts the dynamic appearance and appeal of the Volvo 60 cluster
- Crash-proof cars promised by 2020
- All-New Volvo V40 scores higher than Mercedes A-Class
- The world’s first plug-in diesel hybrid is in production
- My Volvo
- The All-new Volvo V40 range equipped with zero restrictions
- Volvo wins 'Fleet Safety Initiative of the Year' Award
- Volvo awarded with the International Vehicle Security Award second time in a row
- The launch of the V40 Cross Country
- New Volvo V40 R-Design
- Volvo S80 was declared Car of the Year 2012
- V40-Safest car in the world
- Volvo ranked one behind John Lewis for customer service.
- Rise to the Challenge - Is the Volvo XC60 as good as we think?
- The Volvo V40 and Plug-in V60 showcased at Goodwood Festival of Speed.
- Volvo S60 Polestar Concept Car
- Volvo V40- The most Intellisafe Volvo Model ever.
- Volvo V40 price list announced
- New York Knicks basketball star becomes Volvo's Brand Ambassador.
- The new Volvo V60 Plug-in Hybrid R-Design: the perfect combination of efficiency and dynamics
- Volvo V70/XC70 wins Executive Car class honours in 2014 What Car? / JD Power Survey
- Contact Us
The Volvo V40 and Plug-in V60 showcased at Goodwood Festival of Speed.
Volvo will be showcasing it's latest offerings to the public with the first UK viewing of its new five-door hatchback, the Volvo V40, and the world's first plug-in diesel hybrid, the Volvo V60 D6 AWD, at this years Moving Motorshow and Goodwood Festival of Speed, held between the 28th June and 1st July 2012 in the grounds of Goodwood House.
The all-new V40, starting at just £19,745 on the road, enters the premium hatchback segment with a class-leading set of innovative high-tech features. The new V40 is the first car in the world to feature a pedestrian airbag, an innovation which helps reduce the severity of pedestrian injuries in the event of an impact. It is also the only model in its class to fit Bluetooth and the low speed collision avoidance system, City Safety, as standard.
With CO2 emissions as low as 94 g/km, the D2 version of the Volvo V40 boasts a combined fuel consumption of 78.5 mpg*. Its 1.6-litre diesel engine has 115 hp and 270 Nm of torque and comes with a six-speed manual gearbox and start/stop function. This means V40 drivers will benefit from improved running costs and the lowest vehicle tax bands.
Joining the all-new V40 at this year's Festival is the world's first plug-in diesel hybrid, the Volvo V60 D6 AWD, Volvo Car Corporation's most technically advanced model ever - an electric car, hybrid car and muscle-car all rolled into one. At the touch of a button, the driver can choose which of the three cars they want to drive at any given moment.
The front wheels of the V60 Plug-in Hybrid are powered by a five-cylinder 2.4-litre turbo diesel producing 215 hp and maximum torque is 440 Nm, while the rear axle is powered by an electric motor producing 70 horsepower, all while only producing 49g/km of CO2 on the combined cycle.
The driver can select the required driving mode via three buttons that gives the car three entirely different temperaments: Pure, Hybrid or Power.
- In Pure mode the car is powered solely by its electric motor as much as possible. If the battery pack has been recharged with electricity from renewable sources, its range is up to 32 miles with no carbon dioxide emissions from the tailpipe. The electric range varies with terrain, climate and driving style.
- Hybrid is the standard setting whenever the car is started. The diesel engine and electric motor cooperate to ensure optimal balance between driving pleasure and environmental footprint. CO2 emission (NEDC, mixed driving cycle for certification) is just 49g/km and it has a total range of up to 621 miles.
- In Power mode the technology is optimised to give the car the maximum possible power. The diesel engine and electric motor have a total power output of 215+70 horsepower and maximum torque of 440+200Nm. The electric motor's lightning-quick torque delivery contributes to the car's acceleration from 0 to 62mph in 6.2 seconds.
The V60 Plug-in Hybrid stand at Goodwood is the culmination of a European Tour that Volvo has undertaken to demonstrate hybrid technology to the public.
During the Thursday of the Moving Motorshow, specially selected customers will have the opportunity to drive the all-new V40 and the V60 Plug-in Hybrid up Goodwood's famous hill. These customers will be amongst the first to drive either model within the UK and coupled with an iconic stretch of road, it is sure to be a memorable experience for those lucky enough to have the opportunity.
*Fitted with 205 tyres / on the combined cycle