Who are TPS?
TPS provides independent garages and bodyshops with high-quality Genuine Parts and products which customers need to ensure they can service and repair Volkswagen Group vehicles. TPS is part of the Volkswagen Group along with Audi, SEAT, ŠKODA, Volkswagen passenger cars and Commercial Vehicles. TPS is a national network of TPS Centres with a 1,500-strong national workforce and a management team that prides itself on creating an environment that offers our people a motivating and inclusive workplace where they are recognised and rewarded and are encouraged to go on a journey of Learning and Development.
Nationally launched as a new brand concept in 2006, TPS is based on an Agency Model; this means that Centres stock and sell on behalf of Volkswagen Group UK. TPS has continued to experience rapid growth both financially and in the number of Centres opened nationwide.
To achieve allocated sales targets, develop and maintain long-term relationships with customers, and provide expert knowledge, advice and support to customers. Professionally represent the TPS brand and be a brand champion.Selling
- Achieve personal target KPI‘s and revenue objectives with target customer sets
- Accurately identify parts to meet the customer sales requirements
- Utilise all product promotions effectively to achieve specific targets set
- Identify and exploit all upsell opportunities thereby growing overall sales figures
- Maintain own knowledge levels on new or updated parts through the completion of appropriate training courses and reading information from bulletins, catalogues, parts updates, special offers, recalls etc.
- Ensure you are adequately trained and understand the Unique Selling Proposition of the TPS brand, the “Features and Benefits” of the TPS product range especially the genuine v non-genuine aspect, and how to overcome sales objections
- Record and feedback lost sales opportunities to the Sales Manager
- Ensure you provide a high level of customer service at all times
- Be aware and always aim to improve the Customer Satisfaction scoring for your Centre
- Build strong relationships with your clients by making relevant and regular contact with them on the phone and via face-to-face visits
- Provide a high level of service to customers - through understanding their requirements, responding to requests, progressing orders and providing expert advice
- Where applicable, ensure that trade customers that visit the TPS Centre are dealt with efficiently and quickly
- Identify and record customer delivery requirements and communicate to the rest of the TPS Centre team
- Resolve any customer concerns or complaints professionally, seeking additional support where necessary
- Maintain a professional and smart appearance at all times, and conduct business with the highest level of integrity and professionalism
- Ensure that a regular review of all customer discounts are carried out and the appropriate discount is applied based on spend levels in accordance with the TPS Guidelines as outlined in the Operations Manual
- Make sure you are using the latest version of this job description which can be found on TPS Hub
- Maintain accurate customer records and adhere to the Data Protection Act when handling this data
- Provide timely communication to customers on their credit status
- Ensure any customer complaints/disputes are handled professionally and swiftly
- Assist, liaise with and support the TPS Centre team to ensure good working relationships and delivery of excellent customer service
- Work with the Sales Manager and others to achieve sales targets and provide a joined-up approach to sales
- Feedback customer comments to the Sales Manager to continually improve customer experience
- Ensure that customers are aware of their credit situation and if credit escalations are required follow the TPS Guidelines in the Operations Manual
Systems and Processes
- Handle incoming calls and customer enquiries within KPI’s, using the approved greeting
- Ensure the proper and accurate use of all systems (e.g. use of EKTA/vin-lookup to search and order parts)
- Complete all required documentation accurately and promptly
- Deal with all cash and credit card transactions in line with TPS Guidelines in the Operations Manual
- Maintain a clean, tidy and efficient working environment
- Ensure compliance with business standards and processes, financial, legal and ethical guidelines (including Warranty)
- Source additional parts from other Centres or outside the TPS network when necessary
What are we looking for?
Previous experience in a parts or distribution operation involving regular telephone contact with retail or trade customers or experience of selling in a fast-paced and/or telesales environment
- Ability to build strong and trusting relationships
- Ability to relate well to others and work as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner
- Demonstrates excellent attention to detail and accurate record-keeping
- Good IT skills
What we can offer you:
At TPS we want to take you on a journey and give you a genuine platform to excel and achieve your career objectives. We are committed to attracting and developing our people and take great pride in the Learning and Development pathways Volkswagen Group have put in place to ensure personal growth and career success. We retain our people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised and rewarded. We are committed to promoting Inclusion for All with the belief that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business.