Primary Purpose of the Role
Reporting to Group Rental Manager, the primary purpose of the role will be to ensure the smooth day-to-day operation of the Rent-A-Car department. You will be responsible for the growth and profitability of the department through the development of sales to both retail and local corporate customers, whilst ensuring you deliver excellent customer service. To promote the Rent-A-Car brand & (retailer name) locally, by implementing a local sales & marketing strategy and to support the national corporate and retail business supplied from VWFS UK.
- To oversee the smooth running of the rental desk;
- Ensure all reservations, bookings and enquiries are handled promptly and efficiently;
- To meet and exceed customer requirements;
- Ensure all service level agreements are met;
- Manage damage process;
- Vehicle status management/weekly audit of vehicles;
- Accurate record-keeping especially insurance records;
- Administration of maintenance on all vehicles;
- Month end close down procedures/batch invoicing/liaison with the Finance Department;
- Timely reporting of damage/accident notifications to VWFS and action repairs in conjunction with the relevant insurer;
- Ensure strict adherence to all the terms, conditions and standards of the VWFS Rent-A-Car programme;
- Any other tasks required, as commensurate with the role;
- To maintain personal awareness of the company quality policies and procedures and at all times comply with the general and company procedures described within the relevant operational manuals.
Education, Training and Experience
- Previous experience in rental is essential
- Experience of working to service levels and quality measures
- Experience of rental operating systems, desirable
- Must hold a full clean UK driving licence
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with customers, internal departments and stakeholders
- Ability to acquire and put into practice new knowledge and skills, developed through on the job training
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-moving environment
- Have a strong customer service ethic with great people skills
- Be able to manage a team and mentor staff to achieve results
- Must be able to prioritise and manage your work load independently
- Be positive and have a sales focused attitude
- Be reliable and flexible
About Johnsons Cars
Johnsons Cars are one of the UK’s leading independent Franchise Dealership Networks, with 58 multi-award-winning Dealerships across the UK. Established in 1999 we have grown rapidly to represent a variety of global car manufacturers with 17 marques in total ranging from Volkswagen to Volvo, Honda, Toyota Lexus and Mazda to Fiat, Hyundai, Seat, Alfa Romeo, Abarth, Skoda, Suzuki and Ford.
At Johnsons Cars, we maintain the highest standards of professionalism and integrity at all times and recruit to deliver excellence in customer service with our expertise and enthusiasm. We have a fantastic opportunity available across our network and are looking for motivated, enthusiastic and committed individuals to join our team.